Let's talk about the shortcuts! Having a rainbow colored lineup of homemade curry pastes in the freezer is one of my favorite, slightly cheated culinary strategies. Frauced miso pastes fall into this category as well. Sometimes a year, I take an hour or two, and make a range of favorite pastes. Frozen them in small snacks-sized baggies, and stack them flat in the freezer allowing quick defrosting for flash-fast weekly night curries, live broths, and noodle cups.
Many of you are familiar with this Lemongrass Turmeric Curry Paste (a long favorite) and today's recipe is a beautiful alternative to rosemary. It is a herbaceous, green miso plate with a little bit of garlic bite, rounded with many stalks, coral and ginger. The topped tomato bowl is a winter green miso soup along with noodles, winter tofu tofu cubes (notes below), with cannabis seeds. Also, many chopped chives, and some leafy broccoli (cooked in pasta water for the last minute). I also include ten other ways that I like to use – but, I'm sure you can think of more! 🙂
Ideas & Variations:
– Winter green soup Miso: add a large (!) log of the miso paste to 4-6 cups of hot water (just shy of simmering) for a green miso soup. Go with more paste for more flavor and take some time to salt in taste.
– Winter Green Miso Guacamole: For a twist in guacamole, bake a spoon of miso paste into a ripe avocado, along with a squeeze of lemon juice or lime, and a pinch of salt.
– Winter: Mix a big stump with your favorite vegetarians
– Winter Green Miso Roasted Tofu: (Picture here, in a bowl with dough) Cut the tofu in small cubes and toss with a generous amount of pulp. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375F until the tofu is gold.
– Winter Green Miso Roasted Vegetables: Same idea with tofu. Throw with a little paste in a bowl, place a baking sheet, roasted at 375F until golden. I like this approach to plump slices of thin squash, broccoli bouquet and cauliflower.
– Winter green Miso vegetable bowl: Make a broth using half water, half cascade milk, and a large log paste miso. In a separate saucepan, cook a few pieces of onion / shallots, add some vegetables and some tofu. Combine the cassia broth with the vegetable mixture and finish with a great squeeze of lime juice. Taste, and season with salt, and / or more winter miso paste.
– Winter potatoes Miso Purés: You know that this is good beaten in your best potatoes puree, right?
– Winter buckle buckle: Put a little on the lettuce, they actually blink.
– Winter Green Miso Ravioli / Dumpling Spoon: Make a quick miso soup using the paste. Cook your favorite ravioli or pasta in a separate container. Drain, transfer to individual bowls, fill the pod and finish with some fried, crisp and / or toasted almonds.