After the blizzard of wrapping paper wrappers, a welcoming (but simple!) Brunch is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. Everyone is in good spirit and happy to celebrate together. My family usually does a Christmas dinner later in the day, but something special in the morning is always welcome. That being said, preparing for the holidays can be tedious and everyone appreciates the recipes you are able to prepare ahead of time – which is (fortunately) many breakfast recipes. Here are a dozen recipes to consider for Christmas morning – a small mix so naughty and nice. ·) Xx, -h
1. Green Shakshuka – (Good appetite) Probably not what your 7-year-old wants to see on her plate, but it will bring a smile to the faces of the adults, especially if they had a lot of prosecco glasses on Christmas Eve.
2. The Best Bacon Recipe – (101 cooking books) My friends and family could get tired of them. But, seriously, it is so well. These waffles are a round wrestling and are perfect for Christmas morning. Creating a waffle bar with trimmings is always a hit.
3. Breakfast Baked sweet potato – (Ambitious cuisine) This is a wild card – a baked sweet potato for breakfast? This is not that everyone will be on board, but they are such good for your food with almond butter and bananas. Maybe a Nutella stump to convince the younger eaters?
4. Wild mushrooms in tomato truffle – (With Rosie) I like a spicy breakfast, and the mushrooms are my jam – so, it has my name in it. Source the best bread you can find (or bake your own!), Mushrooms and this is mere perfection.
5. Classic Cinnamon – (101 cooking books) This is a great recipe to prepare for a day ahead. And if you have never been cinnamon cinnamon, this is a recipe that is entirely feasible. Start a cinnamon cinnamon morning cinnamon recipe this year.
6. Black Bean and Tofu Scramble – (Anna Jones) Yes, in this. If you are over biscuits, hot wine and the rest, this will be a good first breakfast after breakfast.
7. Baked sweet potato Kale Hash – (Minimalist oven) Welcoming a constant dose of sweet potato and carnation in the morning will give you the energy to tackle the cleaning of this mountain wrapping paper. Laughter / cry.
8. Perfect Healthy Granola – (101 cooking books) If you have a household of granola friends, consider making a double batch of it. You can set up an overlay bar and make granola parfaits.
9. Spinach and Mushrooms Quiche – (Low Carb Maven) Another recipe for lovers of breakfast. He has an interesting flavor profile: a note of nutmeg, Dijon mustard and smoked cheese.
10. Heuvos and the Plaza de Mercado – (Pebbles / Tara O Brady) The Sara version of Tara's recipe is a reminder to let your friends and family bring their influences to your table. Make red sauce and roasted green onion (!) One day ahead of time and it's much easier to put it together in the morning of Christmas.
Coconut oats – (101 cooking books) There are some recipes that people tell me (in person) are their favorites and this is one of them. I think the reason is coconut and grapefruit are growing oats beyond the basics.
12. Vegan French Toast Pumpkin – (Love and Lemons) French toast that works for vegans in your family.
13. Chia Breakfast Cup – (101 cooking books) I could not leave out this quick breakfast in California that you can prepare the day before. A varied range of toppings will make everyone happy.