Different pulpitis symptoms will be slightly different. For patients, it is mainly spontaneous pain or pain in biting things, or external stimuli such as cold and heat.
(1) Reversible pulpitis: When the tooth is cold, hot, or acid or sweet, there is an instant pain, and there is no spontaneous pain when there is no external stimulation.
(2) Acute pulpitis: Suddenly, severe pain occurs when there is no external stimulation, and pain occurs for a while; pain occurs at night; hot and cold irritations, when the pulp is suppurated Heat pain and cold relief; can not locate which toothache, the pain is radioactive or involves pain, can be radiated to the face, temples, ears, but the pain will not be released to the opposite side.
(3) Chronic pulpitis: sometimes paroxysmal pain or dull pain; long-term history of cold and heat irritations; uncomfortable or mild pain in the teeth; which position can be located tooth.
(4) Retrograde pulpitis: During periodontal disease, bacteria in the periodontal pocket enter the pulp through the apical foramen, causing pulpitis, which may have symptoms of acute or chronic pulpitis.
To the Department of Stomatology, the doctor may perform the following tests for the diagnosis of pulpitis:
(1) Pulp viability temperature test: using cold water, small popsicle or hot tooth gel on the surface of the tooth, no reaction means the pulp has been necrotic, instant pain indicates reversible pulpitis, severe pain indicates acute pulpitis, slow pain indicates Chronic pulpitis.
(2) Electrical test of pulp vitality: put a probe on the surface of the tooth, listen to the doctor’s instructions, raise the hand to indicate the doctor when the tingling occurs, and the opposite side will do the same check. as comparison.
(3) bite diagnosis: If the tooth is suspected of being cracked, put a small cotton ball or cotton swab on the tooth, and if there is a crack in the bite, it will cause pain.
(4) Experimental preparation hole: When the doctor is not good at judging whether the nerve is alive, the tooth will be directly rubbed directly with the dental drill. If the pain is not felt, the pulp is dead; if it is sharp and painful, it means The pulp is not dead, and it needs to be treated with anesthetic.
(5) Dental tablets: In the Department of Oral Radiology, sitting in a chair under the direction of a doctor, the doctor will put a stamp-sized piece of paper on your mouth and he will teach you how to do it yourself. Use your fingers to reach into your mouth and hold the film, keep it still, wait for the doctor to come back and take out the film to wait for the film. The dental piece can reflect the presence or absence of secondary spasm, adjacent facial paralysis, crown root fracture, crack, and apical inflammation, and also contribute to the next root canal treatment.
If you want to know more about the disease, you can add a small WeChat longweiqi777, join the group of friends, and a large number of doctors as a group of friends, anytime, anywhere.