- 1 cup of steel cutting *
- 3 cups of filtered water
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon. cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons. raw, undiluted honey
- 1 tablespoon. coconut oil, cold filtered, unprocessed
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp. toasted coconut flakes without sugar
- 2 portions of protein selection powder **
- 1 cup of fresh berries
- 1 banana, sliced
* This recipe can also be made with gluten-free oats for a faster, gluten-free version made in the microwave; However, water measurements will change.
** If you do not like the taste of your protein powder, you will not like the taste of this recipe. Step 1: Find a protein powder you like! In this recipe we used the Vital Farms collagen peptides without taste.
- Bring water and salt to boil. Then add to the oats, stir and reduce the heat to a syrup. Cover and cook for about 10-20 minutes depending on how intact you like.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Stir honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and protein powder. Stir until they combine well. You want to make sure that you leave the oats to cool before stirring in the protein powder. Sometimes the protein can get awkward if it's too hot.
- Garnish with ¼ cup cranberries, ¼ banana slices, ½ tablespoons. coconut flakes, 1 tablespoon. almonds and a finely chopped honey.
- Serve immediately. You can save the remains in Tupperware size that serves individual sizes for easy morning intake for the next three days. Store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to eat, reheat in a microwave oven or cookware. Feel free to change flavors by adding fresh fruit, non-sugary dried fruit or chicory seeds to the top.
Nutritional Information & Macros
Dietary information: Contains gluten, nuts and dairy products
Macros per serving
- 283 calories
- 10g fat
- 36g carbohydrates
- 15g of protein
Kitchen for breakfast Goji Berry Quinoa
Natural Butter Banana Overnight Oats
Healthy Breakfast Rejuvenation: Eggs at Go