Smoking rates fall on the lips as the crackling becomes more popular



A new study examining the relationship between smoking and smoking reveals that smoking has fallen dramatically between 2013 and 2017, and the use of electronic cigarettes has become more popular.

The study, published in the journal Smoke control, examined five different US surveys covering the four-year timeframe.

David Levy, senior author of the study, said: "We have seen a strong and consistent reverse link between diffusion and smoking in the different sets of data for both young people and young adults."

"This finding is important because it indicates that the country experienced a significant reduction in smoking among young people and young adults when the gap became more popular."

Data on the use of cigarettes in young and young adults was obtained from five different, large-scale national surveys. These surveys were asked about the gap, some as early as 2011, and show that the hit was at relatively low levels from 2011-2013, but at much higher levels until 2014.

"We see 2014 as the point at which popularity has become popular and cigarette use is declining much faster than in previous years," says Levy.

For example, the trend analysis with the study "Watching the Future" for the 12th student shows a long-term relative reduction in smoking superficiency (last 30 days) by 4.6%, with an additional 9.5% annual decrease over the 2014-2017 period, resulting in a total annual reduction in the prevalence of smoking by 14.1% over the period.

"The data show a consistent picture of accelerating reductions in smoking prevalence among young and young adults as diffusion becomes more widespread. Vaping had a positive effect on reducing smoking. At population level, any effect that smoking may have had on smoking during the time frame seems to be small in relation to the effects of noise that leads to smoker smoking, Levy says.