A double dose of links, recipes, podcasts and reading for the big weekend. Enjoy!
– The John Lennon Records had in his Playlist Spotify
– Reading: Cafe Backbone Cafe (New York)
– Not just for Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving Recipes of the New World Rancho Gordo
– The Best Books of Autumn 2018 (Eater)
– In Marrakech, Adobe House One Designer is so colorful with its ceramics (NY Times)
– Donation: Chef's World Central Chef José Andrés has served over 75,000 meals in communities affected by North California's fires.
– Listening to: playlist Narcos (Spotify)
– Tribute to Starbucks (Eater)
– Movie Night: Kasama Infinity: Coming Soon …
– Listening: Nigella to Ottolenghi's new podcast
– Reading: Small fires everywhere
– Loans: Kiva (101 book groups – $ 439k to date)
– Podcast: Sold in America (Noor Tagouri)
– Lanzhou, China hand-pulled noodle school
– A popular uprising in the country Amish is beginning to find meaning in politics
– Mumbai is a city of bread: From a Part Chutney Bread to a century-old "puriwala"
– "I'll go if I do not have at least 5 jars of this spicy chilli" (NY Mag / The Strategist)
-In a 17th century Portuguese and Japanese cookbook, recipes for candy, cake and early tempura (Atlas Obscura)
– Reading: Is the second crisis in us? (Political Consumption)
– Watch: Christiane Amanpour newish show interview (PBS) – or (!) Podcast of
– Listening: Mirah's new album "Understanding" (streaming)
– Reading: What R.O. Kwon can not live without (NY Mag / The Strategist)